Registreren FAQ Gebruikerslijst Zoeken Radio MNM

Radio MNM » Jo Van Belle » of delight for three Sky Academy Sports Sch
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen  Reageren Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp 
of delight for three Sky Academy Sports Sch
BerichtGeplaatst: 25-02-2019 06:48:05 Reageren met citaat
zhanjiao1212

It was a weekend of delight for three Sky Academy Sports Scholars as the pressure builds with just over two months to Rio. Stitched NFL Jerseys . A toe injury seems to be a distant memory for Paralympian Olivia Breen who produced a strong performance in the T38 100m at the Loughborough International on Sunday.The 19-year-old, recently selected for the 100m, 200m, long jump and 4x100m relay at the IPC European Championships in June in Italy, was third with a personal best of 13.37s having worked hard during the winter on strength and endurance.Breen said: I am so happy to have opened my 100m season with a PB (Personal Best). I felt in the best shape I have ever been in going into a race after my extra 400m training.I was really nervous before the start as I love the 100m and it was really important to me to start 2016 with a good time. I was disappointed with my bad start. Officials were holding people in the blocks for ages which resulted in a lot of false starts.When you have cerebral palsy being held in the blocks is really hard because you become more wobbly. The starter was also really quiet which was hard for everyone but especially because I am deaf. Siobhan-Marie OConnor started the Euros with relay gold in the mixed 4x100m Despite the bad start I kept my focus through each stage of the race and was delighted to reduce my PB. Its not a huge reduction but I know I can reduce this further with a better start.Life has become really, really busy and Rio now seems really close - exciting times.Rising pool star Siobhan-Marie OConnor showed no signs of slowing down at the weekend at the European Championships in London having already bagged silver in the 200m individual medley and gold in the mixed 4x100m medley relay.The 20-year-old from Bath linked up with ex-Scholar Fran Halsall, Chloe Tutton and Kathleen Dawson to storm to gold in the 4x100m medley relay as Team GB ended the week on a high having won the most medals (22) at the event, including seven golds, six silvers and nine bronzes.OConnor, whose 57.69s in her butterfly leg helped the quartet beat the second-placed Italians by over two seconds, said: I had a great time at the Europeans. It was amazing to race in front of the home crowd again and the support was fantastic. Savannah Marshall has one more fight to win and make it to Rio I was really happy to come away with two golds and a silver and to swim a seasons best in my 200IM. Its a great confidence boost leading into the summer and Im really excited for the next few months.Were all on such a high now. Theres lots of confidence within the team.Boxer Savannah Marshall turned on the style again in Kazakhstan at the World Championships and is one win away from qualifying for the Olympics.Having beaten Elena Vystropova in the first round, the 25-year-old from Hartlepool eased past Indias Pooja Rani and now needs to overcome Chinas Qian Li on Tuesday to make the semi-finals and guarantee her spot in Brazil.WHATS COMING UP FOR OUR SCHOLARS19-27 MAY: Savannah Marshall, World Championships in Kazakhstan27 MAY: Lucy Garner, Boels Hills Classic29 MAY: Lucy Garner, Gooik10-16 JUNE: IPC Athletics European Championships in Grosseto, Italy23-26 JUNE: Lucy Garner, National Road Cycling Championships in Stockton-on-Tees Also See: About the Scholarship Meet the athletes Blogs Videos Galleries Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . 1. Lions WR Calvin Johnson (6 REC, 101 YDS, 1 TD, 10 targets) leads receivers with 1,299 yards and 12 touchdowns, though his 118.1 receiving yards per game ranks second behind Clevelands Josh Gordon. Gordon (10 REC, 261 YDS, 2 TD, 15 targets) is emerging as a superstar, putting up huge numbers even with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden at quarterback. Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . -- Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer will be out three to six weeks with a stress fracture of the third finger of his right hand. http://www.cheapnfljerseyschinateam.com/ . - The fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez is set to ask a judge to throw out allegations that she lied to a grand jury.AUSTIN, Texas - The Livestrong cancer charity is reporting a sharp drop in donations and revenue after founder Lance Armstrong admitted taking performance-enhancing drugs during most of his record-setting cycling career.In federal forms released this week, Livestrong noted its 2013 donations dipped 34 per cent, from nearly $23 million to $15 million after Armstrongs televised admission to Oprah Winfrey in January 2013. Total revenue also took a 38 per cent dive after commercial sponsorships were cancelled or not renewed.Without specifically referring to Armstrong, Livestrong blamed the financial downturn on fallout from revelations and disclosures made in January 2013.Armstrong, a cancer survivor, started the charity as the Lance Armstrong Foundation in 1997. He was removed from its board of directors in late 2012, around the same time the foundation changed its name.A Livestrong spokeswoman did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment. Livestrong President Doug Ulman thanked supporters in a letter titled Never Give Up and posted online Wednesday.Because of your support, you helped us weather a tough period and move to the next phase of our evolution, Ulman wrote.Despite the downturn, Livestrong last month agreed to give $50 million over 10 years to the University of Texas new medical school for a program emphasiizing patient-centred cancer care. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic. Livestrongs donations have fallen 63 per cent from $41 million in 2009, the year Armstrong came out of retirement and finished third in the Tour de France. He won the race seven times, only to have those titles later stripped away after his doping admission.Daniel Borochoff, founder of CharityWatch, which analyzes the work of approximately 600 charities, said the sharp decline last year was expected.It is a big hit, Borochoff said. Not to say they wont be able to recover as time goes by. Its fresh in peoples mind.Livestrong was particularly vulnerable to the scandal surrounding its founder because the popularity of both was so deeply connected. Armstrongs doping revelations led big corporate sponsors and partners such as Nike and Dicks Sporting Goods to flee by either cancelling contracts or not renewing them. For corporations, the taint of doping was too strong to stay, and individual donors were angry, Borochoff said.People go through a mourning process when they hear of the scandal. They were a big supporter, he was a big hero and they were fans. Then youre embarrassed and ashamed. Its a lot of emotions, Borochoff said. Later, your rational facilities take over and realize the organization serves a worthy purpose, that it is not a man and can bring in new leadership. ' ' '
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
of delight for three Sky Academy Sports Sch
  Radio MNM » Jo Van Belle